Food is information! What is your food telling you?
Foods that cause inflammation
Gluten: barley, wheat, rye Dairy: milk, cheese, yogurt Eggs
How to: Elimination Diet
1. Remove foods from level one. These foods cause inflammation in everyone.
2. Remove all foods from level two for four weeks.
3. Reintroduce each category at a time.
– Eat the food 2 to 3 times in one day
– Go back to the elimination diet
– Observe any impact on your body ( joint pain, headache, bloating, gas, drastic mood changes, etc) over the next 2 days.
– Once all symptoms resolve, repeat with another food.
– Once completed, permanently remove any food that caused symptoms.
What you can eat
Land and sea vegetables
Meat / Fish (pasture-raised, wild caught)
Beans and lentils (soaked)
Gluten-free grains (soaked)
Nuts and seeds (soaked)
Avocados, olives, coconut butter
Ghee, coconut oil*^, and avocado oil for cooking
Naturally fermented foods (sauerkraut, pickles, kimchi, etc) ^
Bone Broth ^
*switch out coconut oil for avacado oil if you have high cholesterol
Record what you eat and how it makes you feel. Do this before you change your diet, while you are doing the elimination diet, when you are adding back food, and anytime you want to assess how a particular food is impacting you.
Food or meal Reaction What is your takeaway
Where to Find Me
Nutritional Wisdom email@example.com